Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Zumba!



There is a new workout sensation called Zumba! This workout takes different styles of Latin dance with great Latin style music and puts them together to make you want to get up and dance. It's FUN and makes working out really easy.
"The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms, and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat. Add some Latin flavor and international zest into the mix and you've got Zumba®!"
There is a lady in our ward that just became a Zumba instructor and is getting some practice teaching it to those of us who want to try it. Mom and I have gone for our second time today and I love it! We get to shake our hips and I have even learned a few moves that Jaren might enjoy! :) I also learned in class that working out your hips like this is good to get them moving more. It helps so when you are older your hips won't get so stiff and they will have more movement. You don't have to be a dancer to do it. It might feel a little awkward at first to move your hips so much and to get the coreography but the more you go the better you get. I noticed a big difference from my first and second time in just how much better I am moving my hips.
So if you want to have fun while working out, you can look on the Zumba website to find places that offer the class. They also have DVDs you can buy to do it at home. Just go to www.zumba.com
If you want to watch a video, the Today Show did a story on it October of 2007. Go to www.youtube.com and type in Zumba on the Today Show. The instuctors at the end of the video use a couple of people from the audience to try Zumba.
Happy hip shaking!

2 comments:

Janet Hardy said...

If you think Jaren will like the new moves don't you think your mom will should share the moves with your dad? Ewwwwww.....

Michelle said...

I'm totally going to a Zumba class tonight. I hope it is fun.