I pulled into a parking spot in the short-term parking at the airport when Jaren called and said they had just landed. My mom, younger sister and her friend pulled in a minute later. We ran down to the terminal where he would be coming out. I only had to wait a minute before I saw his smiling face. He was the first soldier off of the plane. I couldn't exactly run in heels but walked as quickly as I could before jumping into his arms. This is one of those moments that you imagine but the real thing is 100 times better. That was the best and longest hug EVER! Once Jaren put me down and let go of me a little, my sister Ashley ran over to him to give him a hug and she was crying. It was cute to see.

Ashley made a "welcome home" sign for Jaren the night before and was proudly displaying it while the rest of us held little American flags.

How nice to FINALLY have him home! I missed him so much!

We just couldn't let go of each other once he hugged Ashley and my mom and greeted a couple of soldiers from his unit that didn't deploy with them but were at the airport to welcome them home. It took a few minutes for the rest of the soldiers to make it off the plane. Jaren had been right by the plane door and left all of the other soldiers behind to come find me. :)

It was nice to be at the bed & breakfast for a couple of days. We came back to my parents house for the weekend while they and Ashley went out to Boise to see my sibblings and the grandkids. We'll be heading out tomorrow to take care of some business at Ft. Lewis then we'll start making our rounds to visit family and friends in Idaho and Utah. We'll be seeing you soon!
Ashley made a "welcome home" sign for Jaren the night before and was proudly displaying it while the rest of us held little American flags.
How nice to FINALLY have him home! I missed him so much!
We just couldn't let go of each other once he hugged Ashley and my mom and greeted a couple of soldiers from his unit that didn't deploy with them but were at the airport to welcome them home. It took a few minutes for the rest of the soldiers to make it off the plane. Jaren had been right by the plane door and left all of the other soldiers behind to come find me. :)
It was nice to be at the bed & breakfast for a couple of days. We came back to my parents house for the weekend while they and Ashley went out to Boise to see my sibblings and the grandkids. We'll be heading out tomorrow to take care of some business at Ft. Lewis then we'll start making our rounds to visit family and friends in Idaho and Utah. We'll be seeing you soon!

9 comments:
I sure hope you stop by and visit us. I'd love to us you guys! Welcome home, Jaren.
Oh, we are so happy for you!! I have been hoping you would post some pictures from the airport! That's awesome!! You made it! :) Congratulations to you both. Are you going to stay around here for a while? Or do you know yet?
ahh i am so glad to see him home and you guys together, you are such a strong woman. enjoy one another. loveya
we heard u will be here this weekend keep me posted! matt is way excited!!!
Cute pictures! Welcome home Jaren! Emily you look so great!
So you look amazing! That is one hottie that Jaren gets to come back to!
I'm so glad he is back safe:) These pictures make me tear up.
I am so incredibly happy for you. I'm crying right now just thinking how happy both of you must be. Jaren, thank you for your service and Emily, thank you for your patience.
That is the cutest picture ever, I love it! I wish we could have been there. Welcome home and we can't wait to see you guys!
It was so fun to see you at Rodizio! What a surprise that was and I am happy we can be in touch again. How great it must be to be with your hubby again.
Post a Comment