It has been a long time since I last posted anything. Jaren and I have been very busy lately and there will be a few posts telling you what we've been up to coming soon.
Once Jaren got home, we made our way down to Idaho and Utah to visit family and friends. I had planned on this being a relaxing trip where we wouldn't be rushed from one place to the next or have any time constraints. I was wrong. I won't go into all the details of our trip but here are a couple of highlights.
Jaren's younger brother, Tyson, returned from the MTC in February to take care of a couple of things and will be going back out on his mission this November or December. Though he wished he could be out on his mission, we were really glad to see and spend time with him. We went to Whitney's graduation (the youngest of Jaren's siblings) and it was definitely the longest and most interesting graduation I have EVER attended. Shortly after we got to the Glover's Jaren was giving Tyson the Army speech again and Teresa (Jaren's mom) actually agreed that he should join to have college paid for. This was a first! So, Jaren and I took Tyson to a recruiter friend of Jaren's and got him all tested and signed up for the Army Reserve in 4 days time. Jaren even got the opportunity to swear Tyson into the Army.


We decided to cancel plans of visiting family in Provo (sorry Michelle and Aubry) to help Tyson get everything ready since he was leaving for Basic Combat Training only 10 days after signing up. We did make a trip up to Idaho Falls over the weekend to visit my sister (Kristina), brother (Scott), Grandma Ann, Aunt Laura, and cousins for a few days. Afterwards we spent the next several days trying to help Tyson memorize and learn things he would need to know for BCT. I think we got him pretty well prepared...or at least gave him a good head start on things. He didn't think BCT was going to be as bad as we said but I think he agrees with us now that he's there at Ft. Sill, OK. He will get back from training at the end of October in time to leave on his mission.
On Saturday we headed back to Boise to visit Melisa, Eric, Logan and Lily. We took them to Pojo's which is like Chuck E. Cheese but has a Merry-go-round and bumper cars. They had fun running around, playing the games in the arcade, and riding the little rides. Lily wanted to ride the "horsies" or Merry-go-round and Logan loved the bumper cars.

Lily loved running away from us too. With three adults we could hardly keep track of her!

Lily's horse was actually the same Panda bear both times. We had a lot of fun visiting everyone and am sorry to those we didn't get to see! More updates will be coming soon!
Once Jaren got home, we made our way down to Idaho and Utah to visit family and friends. I had planned on this being a relaxing trip where we wouldn't be rushed from one place to the next or have any time constraints. I was wrong. I won't go into all the details of our trip but here are a couple of highlights.
Jaren's younger brother, Tyson, returned from the MTC in February to take care of a couple of things and will be going back out on his mission this November or December. Though he wished he could be out on his mission, we were really glad to see and spend time with him. We went to Whitney's graduation (the youngest of Jaren's siblings) and it was definitely the longest and most interesting graduation I have EVER attended. Shortly after we got to the Glover's Jaren was giving Tyson the Army speech again and Teresa (Jaren's mom) actually agreed that he should join to have college paid for. This was a first! So, Jaren and I took Tyson to a recruiter friend of Jaren's and got him all tested and signed up for the Army Reserve in 4 days time. Jaren even got the opportunity to swear Tyson into the Army.
We decided to cancel plans of visiting family in Provo (sorry Michelle and Aubry) to help Tyson get everything ready since he was leaving for Basic Combat Training only 10 days after signing up. We did make a trip up to Idaho Falls over the weekend to visit my sister (Kristina), brother (Scott), Grandma Ann, Aunt Laura, and cousins for a few days. Afterwards we spent the next several days trying to help Tyson memorize and learn things he would need to know for BCT. I think we got him pretty well prepared...or at least gave him a good head start on things. He didn't think BCT was going to be as bad as we said but I think he agrees with us now that he's there at Ft. Sill, OK. He will get back from training at the end of October in time to leave on his mission.
On Saturday we headed back to Boise to visit Melisa, Eric, Logan and Lily. We took them to Pojo's which is like Chuck E. Cheese but has a Merry-go-round and bumper cars. They had fun running around, playing the games in the arcade, and riding the little rides. Lily wanted to ride the "horsies" or Merry-go-round and Logan loved the bumper cars.
Lily loved running away from us too. With three adults we could hardly keep track of her!
Lily's horse was actually the same Panda bear both times. We had a lot of fun visiting everyone and am sorry to those we didn't get to see! More updates will be coming soon!


3 comments:
It was great to see you guys!
Wow, what a busy trip! I have in fact been to Pojo's! And I have a picture of my daughter on that very same carousel! :) I'm glad you got to see everybody even though the trip was a little busy & rushed.
Sounds like you had a blast! And I bet you love having your hubby back!! Congrats! Sorry we missed you guys. Life has been crazy for us too.
Post a Comment