So, I made Peanut Butter cookies for the very first time today. I have had them before but was never a really big fan and since Jaren doesn't like P.B. I never had reason to make them. My neighbor is a big fan though and I promised him some for helping me out with some things while Jaren has been gone doing Army training. Anybody that knows me and baking knows I can't leave a recipe as it is. I ALWAYS have to tweak it, enhance it, and make it my own. That's exactly what I did today. So for all of you followers out there that want to try a scrumptious Perfect Peanut Butter cookie with a surprise center...this is for you.

I thought that plain peanut butter cookies would be boring and wanted to add something to them. You can never go wrong with chocolate! I couldn't decide between trying the Dove chocolate with peanut butter center or plain Dove chocolate so I just had to try both.

I took about 1 Tbsp. of dough and shaped it around the chocolate piece then rolled it in granulated sugar before baking.

See how yummy these look! The verdict between plain chocolate and chocolate with a P.B. center is that they are both delicious! I, being a huge chocolate fan, like the plain chocolate better. These do require a big glass of milk!

Perfect Peanut Butter cookies:
3 Tbsp Crisco
5 Tbsp Coconut oil (refined or non-flavored)
1/2 c peanut butter (I used reduced fat)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
25-30 Dove chocolate squares (or Dove peanut butter filled squares)
In stand mixer cream Crisco, coconut oil, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Slowly add dry ingredients until well combined. Take approx. 1 Tbsp. dough and shape around each chocolate square. Roll each cookie dough ball/square in granulated sugar and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges get small cracks (Do NOT over bake). Immediately remove from cookie sheet by sliding parchment paper with hot cookies onto cooling rack so cookies do not continue to bake on bottom. Once cooled enough to move, remove cookies from parchment paper directly onto cooling rack and parchment paper can be used for another round of cookies.
Notes:
* The dough is pretty soft. If it is too soft to shape around the chocolate then chill for about 20-30 minutes.
* These cookies are great even plain. If making them plain, roll dough into balls then dip in sugar. Bake same amount of time. You do NOT need to smash the dough down, it will flatten on it's own. You could also just add 1 cup of chocolate chips and scoop dough onto cookie sheet to bake as another variation.
* The secret ingredient in this recipe is the coconut oil. It is what causes the cookies to flatten on their own and makes them a little more soft and chewy than regular P.B. cookies. The refined coconut oil (non-flavored) can usually be found at Walmart on the baking isle. It will be on the top shelf above the Crisco. The brand they sell is called Louanna.
* I baked my cookies for exactly 8 minutes and they always came out perfect.
* Always use parchment paper when baking cookies. It keeps the cookies from over baking on the bottom and they are much easier to get off the cookie sheet. Parchment paper can be found in the same area of the grocery store as the aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, etc.
Enjoy everyone!
I thought that plain peanut butter cookies would be boring and wanted to add something to them. You can never go wrong with chocolate! I couldn't decide between trying the Dove chocolate with peanut butter center or plain Dove chocolate so I just had to try both.
I took about 1 Tbsp. of dough and shaped it around the chocolate piece then rolled it in granulated sugar before baking.
See how yummy these look! The verdict between plain chocolate and chocolate with a P.B. center is that they are both delicious! I, being a huge chocolate fan, like the plain chocolate better. These do require a big glass of milk!
Perfect Peanut Butter cookies:
3 Tbsp Crisco
5 Tbsp Coconut oil (refined or non-flavored)
1/2 c peanut butter (I used reduced fat)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
25-30 Dove chocolate squares (or Dove peanut butter filled squares)
In stand mixer cream Crisco, coconut oil, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Slowly add dry ingredients until well combined. Take approx. 1 Tbsp. dough and shape around each chocolate square. Roll each cookie dough ball/square in granulated sugar and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges get small cracks (Do NOT over bake). Immediately remove from cookie sheet by sliding parchment paper with hot cookies onto cooling rack so cookies do not continue to bake on bottom. Once cooled enough to move, remove cookies from parchment paper directly onto cooling rack and parchment paper can be used for another round of cookies.
Notes:
* The dough is pretty soft. If it is too soft to shape around the chocolate then chill for about 20-30 minutes.
* These cookies are great even plain. If making them plain, roll dough into balls then dip in sugar. Bake same amount of time. You do NOT need to smash the dough down, it will flatten on it's own. You could also just add 1 cup of chocolate chips and scoop dough onto cookie sheet to bake as another variation.
* The secret ingredient in this recipe is the coconut oil. It is what causes the cookies to flatten on their own and makes them a little more soft and chewy than regular P.B. cookies. The refined coconut oil (non-flavored) can usually be found at Walmart on the baking isle. It will be on the top shelf above the Crisco. The brand they sell is called Louanna.
* I baked my cookies for exactly 8 minutes and they always came out perfect.
* Always use parchment paper when baking cookies. It keeps the cookies from over baking on the bottom and they are much easier to get off the cookie sheet. Parchment paper can be found in the same area of the grocery store as the aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, etc.
Enjoy everyone!


3 comments:
Looks like I might have to try making those cookies...I'm not really a big fan of peanut butter cookies, but I'm willing to be converted!
Oh....yum! I liked the idea of the chocolate but used my regular peanut butter recipe. They were a hit! Thanks for sharing!
Man, those look so good. I will have to try those once I'm unpacked and back to baking. Love the idea--they look scrumptious. Glad you shared. :)
Post a Comment