Sunday, February 21, 2010

THREE

When we moved out to little Sparta, WI where there is only a branch instead of a ward, I knew we would be needed here but I didn't expect THREE callings. Yes, I got another calling today. This morning our Stake High Councilman wanted to meet with me (and Jaren) and extended a call to be a Stake YW Camp level leader (Laurel age) for Stake Girls Camp this summer. So my current callings now include:

- 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency
- Branch Missionary
- Stake YW Camp level leader

I may not have a job here but I am definitely keeping busy! It should be fun going to camp! They are dividing the girls up by year and having a couple of leaders stay in each cabin with them. I will be with about 7 Laurel age girls to "be their friend, set an example, and show them how camp works." I won't know a soul going out there but I'm sure I will by the time I leave. Jaren and I aren't sure where we will be headed when his assignment here is finished in July but I'll just get done with camp right before we move. Hopefully things go smoothly!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

WOW! THREE?!? When my parents lived in a little branch in AZ, the branch pres. told my mom they were only going to give her 4 callings because she had two little kids at home! yikes! Anyway, that is so cool that you're going to camp! I'm glad you get to be in YW because you're so amazing at it!! :)