Friday, May 6, 2011

Been busy

You would think that because Jaren and I don't have kids, we would have a lot of free time. You would also think that I should have an abundance of time because I don't have kids to tend to and I don't work . This however, is NOT the case...obviously...or I would have updated my blog much sooner. So, what have we been to?

1. Emily's trip to Idaho - I left Jaren at home for a week and a half! He didn't like that so much. He also apparantly left the dishes for the full week and a half and did them the night I came home. Mold was growing in the sink. Gross. I went out to my sister's graduation at BYU-Idaho. She got her nursing degree! She also went through the temple while the family was there. That was a neat experience. I'm so happy for her!

2. Easter Program - I am the ward choir director and we had been working hard to put this program together. It turned out great!!

3. Ward Mission Leader - Jaren's calling has been keeping him (and me) very busy! There are baptisms almost every week and sometimes twice a week! That's a lot of trips to the church when you include the Wednesday night missionary coordination meeting and church on Sunday. Good thing gas is $3.70 (*sarcasm*). But we love working with the great missionaries we have in our ward!

4. Emily was released as ward missionary and called to be ward music chairman - This isn't time consuming but for my own records I wanted to make note of this. I am happy with this calling and ward choir director. I wouldn't mind staying in these callings for a long time!

5. Planning a wedding - I was asked to be a wedding planner (for lack of a better title) for a sister in our ward. The RS asked me to do this a few months ago for some new members and I enjoyed doing it. This wedding is a bit bigger scale and I'm loving it!

6. Army stuff - This is always keeping Jaren busy. Especially now that he is in a command position and in charge of soldiers. Between the Army and work he is quite often gone for a week here, a weekend there, another two weeks there.

7. House remodeling - This is a never ending process. We finished a big project last week when Jaren built scaffolding in our two-story entry way so we could paint the ceiling and top portion of the walls and put in a new chandelier. The entryway and stair (walls) are done and I am so glad. I knew it would be a pain but it looks great now. Only 3 more areas of the house to paint. Then onto a sprinkler system, landscaping, planting grass, granite counter tops, new lighting in the kitchen, and new floors. Will all of this get done? Who knows.

8. Jaren's birthday! - I will post about this sometime. We did another kid themed birthday party and he loved it. My wonderful husband is one year older and wiser. :)

9. Service - Babysitting for our friends and helping out with lots of remodeling for some friends in our ward. Lots of time and work but it has been fun!

and the big finale...

10. 2nd Counselor in the bishopric - Jaren's new calling. Yep, he couldn't believe it either! After Jaren got the call from the stake executive secretary he worried and wondered all week. I knew the counselors of our bishopric were leaving and he couldn't even conceive the idea that he would ever get called to be one of them. According to him, nothing good could come from meeting with a member of the stake presidency. I had a feeling he would get this calling but he kept denying it. It was confirmed at our appointment with the 1st counselor in the stake presidency and I'm pretty sure he felt like "Are you sure you have the right guy?!" He's not the type of guy you would imagine in the bishopric...I say as I giggle. :) A friend even mentioned how whenever she tries to think of Jaren in the bishopric all she can think of is Jaren tickling her kids and being goofy with them. He's going to be the goofball counselor. I keep teasing Jaren that he has to act like a 2nd counselor now. He felt he needed to break it to me that he was still the same old Jaren. That's true, though we sure have become extremely more consistent in prayer and scripture study! Jaren was not released as ward mission leader so he's still super busy with baptisms.

Maybe one day soon things will calm down a bit and we won't have so much going on!!! The past two weeks we have hardly had a break from sun up to sun down. Though things may not calm down for awhile, I'm enjoying everything we're involved in. Hopefully everyone of you are enjoying your journey too!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Wow, you HAVE had a lot going on. All exciting. Tell Kristina congrats--what an accomplishment! You two will both be awesome in your new callings. And how cool there are so many baptisms!! I hope you post pictures of your new entry. Sounds beautiful. (p.s. Gas up here was at $4.10 last week!! It's "down" to $4.01 now.)