Yep, I'm pregnant!
We're super excited and can almost hardly believe it at the same time. I took a pregnancy test last Tuesday thinking it would end up just like all the rest - negative. I was quite shocked when it actually showed that wonderful little "pregnant" on it. I immediately burst into tears (for joy of course). I called Jaren and he was quite in shock. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Hi honey! Do you have a minute?
Jaren: Um, well...sure I have a minute.
Me: I can call back if you're too busy. (I wanted his full attention!)
Jaren: No it's okay, I have a minute. What's up?
Me: Well, I took a pregnancy test this morning...(hint hint)
Jaren: And... (no inclination as to what I was hinting at)
Me: It was positive. I think I'm pregnant.
Jaren: Wow. Really? That's good.....hmm.
Me: Well, I just was so excited I wanted to call and tell you.
Jaren: Okay. Well I love you sweetie. I'll talk to you later.
How's that for disappointing! I was a little bugged. About 10 minutes later he called back saying he was on his way home. He had taken the day off to just spend with me. I asked him about his reaction later and he said he was just in shock because he had given up hope that it would ever happen. As soon as he came home he took me straight to the doctor's office to get a blood test. He didn't believe the stick. We didn't get the results until the next morning. I was trying to wait patiently for the doctor's office to call with the results. Jaren called at about 8:30 am to see if I had called them. I told him no and he said to call immediately and call him back! Apparently his whole office now knew and were also waiting for the results. I did call and found out the results were positive! I admit I was actually worried they would be negative. I called him back and he was actually excited on the phone this time.
When he came home from work later that day he had this beautiful bouquet of flowers. What a great husband!
He's been so sweet ever since we found out. He's called me during the day just to check and see how I'm doing. He now tells me to be careful when I go somewhere. My favorite was when we drove 2 hours to our last foster parent training session on Saturday and were early so we were sitting in the car waiting. I had to get out and stretch my legs so I told him I was going to take a little walk (thinking just around the parking lot). His response was "Don't go too far." How funny! He's very protective now and it's really cute.
He's convinced we're having a boy! I secretly think it is too but won't believe it until I see the ultrasound in a few months. He talks about the baby as a him and not as it. When I referred to it as "the baby" the other day he said, "He has a name! It's Blake." Yes, if it's a boy we will be naming him Blake. It's Jaren's dad's name and Jaren's middle name. When we had just returned from our honeymoon he informed me that our first son would be named Blake and that it came with the package. :)
A bit of info: I'm between 6 and 7 weeks along. My due date is April 19th. I haven't really had "morning" sickness but rather I just feel gross most of the day. There haven't been any mad dashes to the bathroom though so that's nice. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will stay that way. Other than that I've been super tired yet struggle to sleep soundly at night (even without a nap during the day), I'm thirsty ALL the time, my bladder feels like it has shrunk to the size of a pea and food is just gross...even sweets (which I try to avoid).
Every time one of my symptoms hits me I honestly get a little excited and feel grateful because it means that I am actually pregnant. I guess seven years of struggling to get pregnant will make you feel that way when it finally happens.
By the way, we still plan on becoming foster parents with the intent to adopt. We should be completely finished submitting everything within the next week or so and it will just be a matter of reports written then getting approved by the state. Hopefully we'll have kids in our home by October. We really feel that Heavenly Father withheld children from us until the right time when we decided on adoption. And now that we are so close to getting kids and are committed to that path, he's finally blessing us with a baby. The Lord has a time and season for everything. I'm so grateful for the wonderful 9 years Jaren and I have had together and will always cherish that time. We're so excited for this new chapter in our lives and look forward to the excitement of being pregnant, welcoming new children into our home, and eventually bringing a baby into this world!
We are truly blessed!

15 comments:
I am absolutely giddy-excited for you. A HUGE congratulations, and the best of luck in baking that baby.
OH, EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! <3 *hugs*
What?!? Congratulations! I can't believe it. Hope you continue to feel well!
I am so excited for you! Congratulations!
Wowie! That's great news! Congratulations!
That is really exciting. Congratulations.
What FUN blog updates lately! I'm so thrilled for you.
congrats!!! Yay!!!
HORRAY!!!!
WOW. I am so happy and excited for you guys! yeah!!! :) Love you both!
I am so happy for you both!! You will be awesome parents. Congratulations!!
YAY AYAY YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS! I am sooooooo excited for you guys and think you're amazing and great and just YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!
I am so excited for you both!!! When i found out i was thrilled!!!! Congratulations! You both will be awesome parents to your foster and your upcoming baby! I was the same way about pregnancy symptoms! You learn to appreciate them.
I am so excited for you two. Congratulations!!!
Hi Emily,
Don't know if you'll remember me, I'm an old friend of Jaren's from USU. I just wanted to CONGRATULATE you guys on your great news! My husband and I waited a long time for our first kid too, and we too went through the approval process to adopt, and then were finally blessed with a pregnancy! And we still belive adoption may be in our future, we're just so blessed to have a child either way. Congratulations again, please tell Jaren congrats for me!! Best wishes!!
Post a Comment