Sunday, December 16, 2012

22 Weeks



 
22 Weeks
 


 
 
22 Weeks + 2 days
 
These pictures may not look any different to anyone else but my belly is poking out a lot more in just the two day difference. And for once my hair looks super red in this last picture!! Proof that red still exists in my hair! I didn't dye it or change anything. It was probably just the lighting.
 
I am officially past the halfway point! Wahoo! I don't think anyone can really mistake me now for not being pregnant. Looks pretty obvious to me though I still have people that when I mention I'm pregnant they say, "I thought so but I wasn't sure". Oh well. Maybe people are just more cautious these days.
 
 I'm feeling much better now that I have fully recovered from my surgery. I do get a bit of nausea on occasion but for the most part I'm feeling great! The heartburn has definitely set in though. People keep telling me that means my baby is going to have a lot of hair. Sounds like an old wives tale to me but they all swear it's true. I have yet to feel baby Blake moving around. A lot of people say I've probably felt him but just haven't known it was him. I promise, I really haven't felt a thing! I'd like to soon though! My doctor said I'll probably feel him within the next couple of weeks. He also said there are women that for whatever reason, never can feel the baby moving. That just sounds like crazy talk to me. With my short little torso, I doubt I'll be one of those women.
 
Jaren's been sick lately so I've been doing everything possible to avoid getting what he has. I fear that once I get sick, I'll be fighting sickness the rest of my pregnancy! It's getting a little harder to get in and out of bed and off the couch. I'm going to be in so much trouble when I'm 8 and 9 months along!!
 
We've completed a couple of house projects recently so once I get all of my pictures taken I'll post about them! Hopefully within the next week or two!
 
 

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Yeah, it may be the lighting or the outfits. I always felt like I looked "more pregnant" in some outfits than others.

I agree--it's crazy talk to say that some women would never feel the baby. I don't know how that can be possible. Only babies that don't move, I guess. Mine would kick on my ribs and anything else I put in front of them. :) I hope yours gets hiccups. THAT is the funniest thing ever.

So excited for you!!!

Aubry Macbean said...

I had heart burn with both Ethan and Vivian. All three of my kids have been born with hair but when compared to my neighbors babies mine have not come out with "alot" of hair. So I would definatly say it is an old wives tale.

Dantzel said...

Soooo...It's been way too long since I looked at your blog since you're over half-way through your pregnancy, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I kind of wanted to give an actual cheer as I sat here at my computer, but I didn't since we have family visiting and they might think that was weird. :) But YAY! I am so happy for you!!!

Lori said...

Have you started to feel him move yet? Do you have an anterior placenta? Because that cushions the feeling a ton. I had it with Addie and felt her a lot less and much later than I did with my other two. Love the pics! and I do think you look bigger in the second, how fun!