Wednesday, June 11, 2008
The Beginning
Well, this is a start to what I hope will be a way for family and friends to stay updated on how Jaren and I are both doing. For those who don’t know, Jaren is deploying to Iraq for 400 days so I have moved back to be near mom and dad in Washington. I do live in my own little apartment down the road but spend most of my time at their house when I’m not involved in other things. Jaren has been gone a grand total of 22 days which leaves approximately 378 more to go…if all goes well. He is training with his unit right now but will fly to the Middle East soon. He has been able to call me about every other day and seems to be doing well with only a few issues that generally arise when people from all different parts of the country and different backgrounds come together to work as a team. I am keeping busy with my new calling as the Ward Camp Director in the Young Women’s program. I have several other things to keep me busy during the summer and plan on going back to college in the fall. Jaren and I have endured separation before but never for this long. We are both trying to have a positive outlook on the situation where we hope this next year will provide us the opportunity to grow individually and as a couple. Please keep Jaren in your prayers and be mindful of others around you who may be in the same situation we are. They can always use the support! - Emily
