Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Job


So, an update on Emily...I have officially moved in with my parents and Ashley to save on rent for the last 7-8 months that Jaren will be gone. I am grateful for their hospitality in allowing me to take up some of their space but alas, I will miss my OWN space. It's only for a few (several) months. I decided not to do college because we are trying to save money for a house when Jaren gets back. So to occupy some of my time I got a part-time job. I will be working at Kohl's for the holiday season. I start next week. I was also just asked to be in charge of organizing and putting together the Relief Society/Enrichment Christmas activity (dinner/program). My mom was asked too but she says I'm in charge and she's my helper. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. This will definitely take up any spare time that I won't be working. I guess I don't have to worry about staying busy through the holidays!

5 comments:

Annica said...

Aww I wish I could work somewhere fun..... I'm jealous! Good luck!

Jenny Ann said...

That sounds like you will have fun working. I just started working at bath and body works for the holiday season and I love it. It beets being lame at home that is for sure... and it give you a little spending money on the side...which is the best part!
I think that is so awesome that you are doing the RS christmas program. You have no idea. I WISH i had a calling right now, but I think Jared has 'X'ed that out for a while with all his drama.
I just got an email with an awesome video on it.
It is of Christ. Every year in AZ at the mesa temple they do an Easter pageant and SUPPOSEDLY a photographer took the cast to places in AZ that looked like Israel and took picture and made this slide show.
Take a second to look at it.
If you hate it, don't use it but also feel free if you love it.

http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html

I miss you! Have fun keepin' busy.

Aubry Macbean said...

Hey just don't spend all your money they have some really cute things there.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Hey, I will have to stop by Kohl's! ;) I *love* their Christmas stuff! They are one of the few places that still has nativities and Christian-type ornaments. Hey, you will do a fantastic job with the RS Christmas enrichment! That is awesome. :) I'll be there!

Hillary said...

I Emily, this is Hillary. I have not talked to you in forever. I want to add you to my blog, but it is private so email me your address and I will send you an invite.
hillaryboren@hotmail.com
P.s.
Your photo's look really good!