Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas music

As a tribute to my sweet husband who will not be able to spend Christmas with me or with any family and friends at all, I've decided to play some special Christmas music on my blog playlist during the final week before Christmas.

1. "Sending you a little Christmas" - I know this song has been on here since the 1st of the month but this song expresses my feelings of how I wish I could help Jaren have a nice Christmas even though he is so far away. If I could gift-wrap myself and send me to him, I would. Since that is not possible, I'm sending my love and prayers (and a small package) until he comes home.

2. "Soldier's Silent Night" - As I listen to the words of "Santa Claus" I get all choked up about the soldier. I hope Jaren isn't so alone on Christmas. At least he will be in a bed instead of on the floor. Other soldier's might not be so lucky.

3. "O Holy Night" - This is Jaren's favorite Christmas song. We have to listen to it several times throughout the Christmas season (both of us singing along) because he loves it so much. I had to put it on here for him.

I will try not to get all mushy but I absolutely must take this opportunity to tell Jaren and everyone reading this how proud I am of him. I was so blessed when Heavenly Father sent him into my life. He's such a great guy and I know he's in Iraq right now because he wants to help and serve his country. He also wants the experience so he can be a better Chaplain and relate with the soldiers he will serve one day. He's always so loving and patient with me. He's a better husband than I could have ever hoped for and I am so grateful for him. (I love you sweetie!)

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Sweet! My favorite Christmas song is "O Holy Night," too. (Merry Christmas, Jaren!)

Aubry Macbean said...

You made me cry.