Over President's day weekend, my family and I went out to Long Beach for a little weekend get-away. Beverly and Neldon, my mom's aunt and uncle, reserved the weekend through their timeshare. The "adults" (Beverly, Neldon, my mom & dad) went out Friday while us "kids" (me, my cousin Zac, and my sister Ashley) came out Saturday. Us "kids" got to Long Beach at about 12:30 pm and had some lunch at one of the very few little restaurants in the tiny town. It was a very small restaurant that was a little pricey but the food was great! The "adults" were on their way back from the lighthouse at Cape Disappointment so they grabbed lunch on their own then headed back to the resort to wait for us to finish. Before we made it to the resort we decided to try a delicious looking ice cream shop. I had a sugar cone with a softball sized scoop of chocolate mousse ice cream. It was HUGE and very yummy!
Once we got to the resort I went and took a walk on the boardwalk with my mom and Beverly. I took some pictures of the ocean (as shown above). It was beautiful and decently warm for February!
While out on our walk I saw a bunch of seagulls and I was trying to get close enough to take a few pictures of them. As soon as I would get 15 feet away, all of them would unanimously start walking in the same direction away from me. I had just given up and was walking away when some guy randomly pulled up next to the seagulls, got out of his van, dumped a big bag of popcorn for them, then got back in his van and left. Now the seagulls were too distracted to notice me creeping up. I got some good shots but none topped this one of the guy leaving with a couple of seagulls trying to rip the bag out of his hand!
Sunday morning we went to attend the Sacrament meeting of the Long Beach Branch. It just so happened to be Branch Conference. I thought it was very peculiar that the chapel didn't have pews but just folding chairs. I there were only seven rows with another row lining the back wall. The total number of people (including those on the stand) were about 85. It was a very good meeting though! I found out afterward that the reason they don't have pews is because there is no gym and they use the chapel to have dinners and such. I'm very grateful for my WARD building!
Since it was Zac and Neldon's birthday the following week, we celebrated by eating steak and crab for dinner Sunday night. I did try some crab and just as I suspected, it was fishy and gross. I am definitely NOT a seafood person. Above is Ashley holding a nasty looking crab leg. We also had a very rich German Chocolate cake with Heath bar pieces on top. It was so good I wanted to eat the whole cake myself but one piece was enough to overfill me.
Monday was the most beautiful weather of the whole weekend. However, this was when all of us "kids" were leaving to get Zac to the train station in Longview and me and Ashley were heading home. Ashley had school the next morning and I had another babysitting job. I did my best to get Zac to the train station on time and we did make it with only a couple of minutes to spare. Unfortunately, right as he was about to walk on the train, the doors started closing. The attendant on the other side just shook his head as the doors closed completely and the train left without him. Are you kidding me?!! Come on!!! Zac needed to catch this train to get back to Ft Lewis where he is stationed and take care of some things before the end of the day. Since it was because I wanted to get the picture shown above that made us late, I drove him up to Ft Lewis. It was an extra hour up north then another two hours to get down to Vancouver instead of just one from Longview. It was a lot more driving than I planned but we all made it where we needed to go. The "adults" enjoyed the beautiful weather by renting mopeds and going to the delicious bakery in town. They came home on Tuesday and the little vacation was over. Back to normal life. I had a great time at the coast and can't wait to go back again!
Once we got to the resort I went and took a walk on the boardwalk with my mom and Beverly. I took some pictures of the ocean (as shown above). It was beautiful and decently warm for February!
While out on our walk I saw a bunch of seagulls and I was trying to get close enough to take a few pictures of them. As soon as I would get 15 feet away, all of them would unanimously start walking in the same direction away from me. I had just given up and was walking away when some guy randomly pulled up next to the seagulls, got out of his van, dumped a big bag of popcorn for them, then got back in his van and left. Now the seagulls were too distracted to notice me creeping up. I got some good shots but none topped this one of the guy leaving with a couple of seagulls trying to rip the bag out of his hand!
Sunday morning we went to attend the Sacrament meeting of the Long Beach Branch. It just so happened to be Branch Conference. I thought it was very peculiar that the chapel didn't have pews but just folding chairs. I there were only seven rows with another row lining the back wall. The total number of people (including those on the stand) were about 85. It was a very good meeting though! I found out afterward that the reason they don't have pews is because there is no gym and they use the chapel to have dinners and such. I'm very grateful for my WARD building!
Since it was Zac and Neldon's birthday the following week, we celebrated by eating steak and crab for dinner Sunday night. I did try some crab and just as I suspected, it was fishy and gross. I am definitely NOT a seafood person. Above is Ashley holding a nasty looking crab leg. We also had a very rich German Chocolate cake with Heath bar pieces on top. It was so good I wanted to eat the whole cake myself but one piece was enough to overfill me.
Monday was the most beautiful weather of the whole weekend. However, this was when all of us "kids" were leaving to get Zac to the train station in Longview and me and Ashley were heading home. Ashley had school the next morning and I had another babysitting job. I did my best to get Zac to the train station on time and we did make it with only a couple of minutes to spare. Unfortunately, right as he was about to walk on the train, the doors started closing. The attendant on the other side just shook his head as the doors closed completely and the train left without him. Are you kidding me?!! Come on!!! Zac needed to catch this train to get back to Ft Lewis where he is stationed and take care of some things before the end of the day. Since it was because I wanted to get the picture shown above that made us late, I drove him up to Ft Lewis. It was an extra hour up north then another two hours to get down to Vancouver instead of just one from Longview. It was a lot more driving than I planned but we all made it where we needed to go. The "adults" enjoyed the beautiful weather by renting mopeds and going to the delicious bakery in town. They came home on Tuesday and the little vacation was over. Back to normal life. I had a great time at the coast and can't wait to go back again!


3 comments:
Well, the picture was worth it! Thanks for birthdaying our boy, it means a lot to us to know he has family to go and hang out with.
that first pic is so pretty! i love it can i have a copy if i can email to meyersheena@yahoo.com its just such a great picture!!!!
I know this is kind of a weird way of telling you, but I don't have your phone number anymore. I am engaged!!!!! All the details are on my blog!
Post a Comment