- The unpleasant aroma of skunk through the open window keeps you half awake all night long.
- Pulling up next to a tractor at the main stoplight in town is common place
- Driving along the highway, you frequently get stuck behind a slow-moving tractor and 10 other cars waiting to pass it

- The locals tell you there are two types of Wisconsinites...those who have hit a deer and those who are going to hit a deer. (Thank goodness I had time to slow down when it was almost my turn)

- Driving through the country roads you pass "buggy crossing" signs

- You watch the Amish horse and buggy coming down your road to pick up their son who works construction on the Town homes a few down from you or the horse and buggy you saw driving down the road with a mattress strapped to the top???
- At the end of your road is a huge cornfield

- You're driving down the highway when you come upon some lightly colored gravelly stuff all over your side of the road. You realize what it is as you pass the old beat up truck on the side of the road with a huge pile of corn feed in the bed and the driver trying to stop it from pouring out the back.
- The locals mention the Piggly Wiggly and you are the only one that laughs at the name.

- Having moved from another side of the country...you are the one with the accent
Have a great weekend!
- Pulling up next to a tractor at the main stoplight in town is common place
- Driving along the highway, you frequently get stuck behind a slow-moving tractor and 10 other cars waiting to pass it

- The locals tell you there are two types of Wisconsinites...those who have hit a deer and those who are going to hit a deer. (Thank goodness I had time to slow down when it was almost my turn)
- Driving through the country roads you pass "buggy crossing" signs
- You watch the Amish horse and buggy coming down your road to pick up their son who works construction on the Town homes a few down from you or the horse and buggy you saw driving down the road with a mattress strapped to the top???
- At the end of your road is a huge cornfield
- You're driving down the highway when you come upon some lightly colored gravelly stuff all over your side of the road. You realize what it is as you pass the old beat up truck on the side of the road with a huge pile of corn feed in the bed and the driver trying to stop it from pouring out the back.
- The locals mention the Piggly Wiggly and you are the only one that laughs at the name.
- Having moved from another side of the country...you are the one with the accent
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:
I think we are pretty close to being in the same situation! Fun times.
That was hilarious!! I am totally with you on the skunks, the corn, and the accent. I swear I have smelled more skunks in the last month than I have smelled in my life!
I can relate to the skunk smell, the tractor thing, the deer thing (times two), although there are horses on the road there is no buggy attached them!
Fun fun! I laugh at Piggly Wiggly too.
That's funny!
Post a Comment