Jaren has had a crazy work schedule lately. They have some soldiers that they are training right now and they have to staff a 24 hour office. He got the 4:00 pm - 3:00 am shift. There isn't really a lot going on during that time. Since I am a "free" woman (jobless) I can stay up and wait for Jaren to get home. Therefore, I have a lot of time to kill. I LOVE to read and didn't have anything in my bookshelf I haven't already read so I went to Walmart to see what I could find. I have been told by several people that "The Hunger Games" was a good book and saw that they had it so I bought it and the second book, "Catching Fire".


I could NOT put the first book down. The day I got it, I read until Jaren came home, went to bed, woke up around 10:00 am and read the rest of it by the time he got up around noon or 1:00. I started the second book the minute Jaren drove off to work. I had it completely finished when he got home. It was SO good. I am so bummed now that I have to wait a whole year for the third one to come out. If I had known it was a trilogy before hand, I would have waited until next fall to read them all at once. Jaren took the first one to work yesterday to pass the time when he's not doing anything. He got just as hooked and had about 2/3 of it finished by the time he got home then finished the rest when he woke up. He's now working on the second.
If you are looking for a good read...these are definitely it! But if you are like me and HATE waiting to see what happens, then don't read these until the third book comes out next fall!


I could NOT put the first book down. The day I got it, I read until Jaren came home, went to bed, woke up around 10:00 am and read the rest of it by the time he got up around noon or 1:00. I started the second book the minute Jaren drove off to work. I had it completely finished when he got home. It was SO good. I am so bummed now that I have to wait a whole year for the third one to come out. If I had known it was a trilogy before hand, I would have waited until next fall to read them all at once. Jaren took the first one to work yesterday to pass the time when he's not doing anything. He got just as hooked and had about 2/3 of it finished by the time he got home then finished the rest when he woke up. He's now working on the second.
If you are looking for a good read...these are definitely it! But if you are like me and HATE waiting to see what happens, then don't read these until the third book comes out next fall!

3 comments:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm always looking for good books to read, but I always end up picking out the ones that I return 30 pages into it.
I read hunger last month in my book club. Loved it. I convinced brian to let me buy the second book. I was planning on reading it during the first part of my labor. I looked over to ask Brian to hand me the book and he was already 30 pg in. He wouldn't give it to me. He hadn't even read the first on I had told him what happened. Any way I have now read it and can't wait for the next one to come out. I have heard rumors it could end up being four books instead of three.
I haven't read it, but I too have heard it is EXCELLENT!! Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry about the long wait--I was like that with Harry Potter. About killed me! ha
Post a Comment