The baby of the Glover family is now married. Whitney and Shawn were sealed in the Salt Lake temple on Saturday, May 29th. It was a lot of fun to be out there with all of the family. For a wedding, it was surprisingly mellow. Jaren and I got to Utah on Wednesday and spent the next couple of days helping out with decorating, food prep, etc. but it wasn't too stressful and we were able to enjoy playing with the nieces and nephews and catching up with siblings. We did bring our camera but when it came to taking pictures, we didn't get more than a couple. I figured everyone else was taking pictures. Oh well. Here are the couple I got.

This is me and Mickell outside of the temple. Mickell is Whitney's best friend and the whole family just loves her. If we had our way, she and Tyson would be getting married when he gets home from his mission. I guess we can only hope for that.

My studly man waiting with the rest of us for the bride and groom to come out of the temple. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of the bride and groom and the family posted on here soon. We'll see.
We flew home bright and early Monday morning so Jaren could be back to work Tuesday. It was a VERY long and tiring day. I was up at 3:45 am to finish packing and we were on the road by 4:30 heading to the SLC airport. We were flying to Madison with a layover in Chicago but because of some bad weather when we arrived in Chicago, our flight to Madison was delayed for about 3 hours. About 15 minutes before the flight started boarding, they changed the gate but didn't announce it. We only figured it out because some people next to us waiting for the same flight noticed our flight was no longer on the reader board at the gate we were currently sitting in. When we went over to the new gate, I recognized a former American Idol winner waiting to get on the same flight.

This is me and Mickell outside of the temple. Mickell is Whitney's best friend and the whole family just loves her. If we had our way, she and Tyson would be getting married when he gets home from his mission. I guess we can only hope for that.
My studly man waiting with the rest of us for the bride and groom to come out of the temple. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of the bride and groom and the family posted on here soon. We'll see.
We flew home bright and early Monday morning so Jaren could be back to work Tuesday. It was a VERY long and tiring day. I was up at 3:45 am to finish packing and we were on the road by 4:30 heading to the SLC airport. We were flying to Madison with a layover in Chicago but because of some bad weather when we arrived in Chicago, our flight to Madison was delayed for about 3 hours. About 15 minutes before the flight started boarding, they changed the gate but didn't announce it. We only figured it out because some people next to us waiting for the same flight noticed our flight was no longer on the reader board at the gate we were currently sitting in. When we went over to the new gate, I recognized a former American Idol winner waiting to get on the same flight.
I just had to get a picture with Kris Allen so I could have proof that I actually saw him! Jaren didn't want to but I talked him into it. I first noticed him in a line at Starbucks I was passing earlier in the day. I thought it was him but figured it might just be the ultimate look-alike. I saw him a couple other times and every time I stared at him he looked at me with this look like he knew I recognized him. Finally I took an unwilling Jaren over and asked if it was him and if I could get a picture. He was nice enough to oblige. He and his band are in Madison for a concert and in the Wisconsin/Minnesota area for a few other concerts. What a cute guy!
After our flight arrived in Madison and a two hour drive to Sparta, we finally made it home 4 hours later than expected. Oh well. That's just how it goes sometimes. We had a great time on our trip though and were so glad we were able to go. Hopefully it won't be too long before we make it out to visit family again!
After our flight arrived in Madison and a two hour drive to Sparta, we finally made it home 4 hours later than expected. Oh well. That's just how it goes sometimes. We had a great time on our trip though and were so glad we were able to go. Hopefully it won't be too long before we make it out to visit family again!


2 comments:
Wow, what a fun (and tiring) trip!! I always feel my stress level rise the minute I'm in an airport--it seems like they're always doing something like changing the gate without telling anybody. Anyway, I'm glad you guys got to be in SLC for the special day!
wow kris allen, that is cool. I met lionel richie at an airport once. It was great to see you guys! I will post some pictures of the wedding on my facebook acct that you can copy. Love ya, Chris
Post a Comment