Today is our anniversary! Jaren and I have been married 7 years! I don't know where the time has gone. It just seems to fly by so fast.
We decided to take a trip out to the coast to celebrate our anniversary. We went to Savannah and stayed the night Friday. We did drive out to Tybee Island that night because we were so excited to see the beach! Tybee Island is about a 20-30 minute drive from Savannah. It was beautiful! The weather was so nice and we got there just when the sun had set. We didn't go in the water but we walked on the beach and waded around in the water which was wonderful!

The rest of the pictures are out of focus and not very good because of the lighting but a post is always better with pictures.


We spent pretty much all day Saturday at the beach. My sweet husband rented a beach umbrella and chairs so I could have some shade...it's a good thing he did. We packed a lunch, snacks, and drinks so we were set. The waves were the best in the late afternoon and it was just fun to body surf, ride the boogie board, and float in the water. A serious downer however, was when something that certainly did NOT belong in the ocean floated by and I just had to get out of the water for a bit until it was definitely gone. I won't tell you what it was for fear of ruining this post. We got out and built a sand castle until we figured it was safe to go back in the water. A couple more things that didn't make the trip so pleasant were the microscopic jellyfish that would sting us occasionally and the terrible sunburns we both came home with.

I know, not the most flattering picture but it gives you an idea of the redness. It certainly stings and makes it impossible to sleep comfortably at night or do anything during the day! We did put lots of sunscreen on and the first application had plenty of time to soak in. It was sweat proof and water proof too! It was only a couple of hours before I noticed how RED Jaren's shoulders were. I think one of the brand new bottles I bought was bad. I used a different sunblock on my face and that didn't get near as burnt. Oh well. It was still a lot of fun and a nice getaway from our little apartment. We will be going back to the beach for sure! This will be a place we would love to take our visitors to as well. It's always more fun with friends and family!
I am SO very glad I married my sweet husband. After being married for seven years I would say that marriage is so many things:
Wonderful
Stressful
FUN
crazy
Happy
Lots of hard work
Full of Love
and
Eternal
I can't wait for another seven years and all of the things that it will bring! To my amazing husband who understands me, is patient with me, and loves me...I love you so very much and couldn't imagine my life without you!
We decided to take a trip out to the coast to celebrate our anniversary. We went to Savannah and stayed the night Friday. We did drive out to Tybee Island that night because we were so excited to see the beach! Tybee Island is about a 20-30 minute drive from Savannah. It was beautiful! The weather was so nice and we got there just when the sun had set. We didn't go in the water but we walked on the beach and waded around in the water which was wonderful!
The rest of the pictures are out of focus and not very good because of the lighting but a post is always better with pictures.
We spent pretty much all day Saturday at the beach. My sweet husband rented a beach umbrella and chairs so I could have some shade...it's a good thing he did. We packed a lunch, snacks, and drinks so we were set. The waves were the best in the late afternoon and it was just fun to body surf, ride the boogie board, and float in the water. A serious downer however, was when something that certainly did NOT belong in the ocean floated by and I just had to get out of the water for a bit until it was definitely gone. I won't tell you what it was for fear of ruining this post. We got out and built a sand castle until we figured it was safe to go back in the water. A couple more things that didn't make the trip so pleasant were the microscopic jellyfish that would sting us occasionally and the terrible sunburns we both came home with.
I know, not the most flattering picture but it gives you an idea of the redness. It certainly stings and makes it impossible to sleep comfortably at night or do anything during the day! We did put lots of sunscreen on and the first application had plenty of time to soak in. It was sweat proof and water proof too! It was only a couple of hours before I noticed how RED Jaren's shoulders were. I think one of the brand new bottles I bought was bad. I used a different sunblock on my face and that didn't get near as burnt. Oh well. It was still a lot of fun and a nice getaway from our little apartment. We will be going back to the beach for sure! This will be a place we would love to take our visitors to as well. It's always more fun with friends and family!
I am SO very glad I married my sweet husband. After being married for seven years I would say that marriage is so many things:
Wonderful
Stressful
FUN
crazy
Happy
Lots of hard work
Full of Love
and
Eternal
I can't wait for another seven years and all of the things that it will bring! To my amazing husband who understands me, is patient with me, and loves me...I love you so very much and couldn't imagine my life without you!

6 comments:
Happy Anniversary. Love the color of the shirt in the first pictures. Can't belive how fast time flies. Ouch on the sunburn. No fun.
Wow... so sorry about the sunburn, but I'm glad you had fun anyway. The beach pictures look gorgeous. I'm glad you posted the sunburn one so we can be sad with you. ;) Happy anniversary!!!
Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the great 7 years. Our is coming up soon. We missed you at church. See you Sunday.
Happy Anniversary! It looks like you guys had a blast. That is a great sunburn.
You're looking super cute emmi. Happy anniversary!
Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment