For those who don't know, a boll weevil is a bug that feeds on cotton buds and flowers. The building was constructed prior to 1850 as one of several cotton warehouses on the property. In fact most of the riverfront land in Augusta during the 1850’s was used for some aspect of the cotton trade. It was known as "Cotton Row" so several of the restaurants and shops that exist there today have names that are associated with cotton.

I heard about this cafe from one of the locals. I looked at the menu online and thought it would be a good place to try. After we left the Home & Garden show we stopped here for lunch. Pictured below is what generally happens when Jaren and I go to any "sit-down" place (non-fast food).

As soon as he stops for a few minutes, instantaneous exhaustion kicks in. I would make a joke about how he's so old that he can't even walk around a little H&G show without getting all tuckered out but this has been going on since we got married. What a funny guy. :)

The real reason I wanted to come to this place was because I wanted to try a slice of one of their monstrous cakes. This one seemed to be the most popular and we got the last slice. It's called "7th Heaven" and is chocolate cake with a cheesecake and chocolate mousse center. It was delicious with the caramel and whipped cream.

These cakes are just HUGE!

Anyone in the area should give it a try. I do want to go back for dinner sometime. They had a yummy looking entree I would love to try!
I heard about this cafe from one of the locals. I looked at the menu online and thought it would be a good place to try. After we left the Home & Garden show we stopped here for lunch. Pictured below is what generally happens when Jaren and I go to any "sit-down" place (non-fast food).
As soon as he stops for a few minutes, instantaneous exhaustion kicks in. I would make a joke about how he's so old that he can't even walk around a little H&G show without getting all tuckered out but this has been going on since we got married. What a funny guy. :)
The real reason I wanted to come to this place was because I wanted to try a slice of one of their monstrous cakes. This one seemed to be the most popular and we got the last slice. It's called "7th Heaven" and is chocolate cake with a cheesecake and chocolate mousse center. It was delicious with the caramel and whipped cream.
These cakes are just HUGE!
Anyone in the area should give it a try. I do want to go back for dinner sometime. They had a yummy looking entree I would love to try!

1 comment:
WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW! That dessert looks AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment