Monday, September 26, 2011

Flower Wreath

At the end of the summer JoAnn's was having a huge sale on their silk spring flowers. I bought about 4 bunches for $6 total that were originally $4.99 a piece. I didn't quite know what to do with them until I got the great idea to make them into a flower wreath as a gift for my friend who's about to have a baby girl. I even bought a cute daisy hook to hang it on.

(This shows the daisy better)


(This is the truest color of the flowers)

The flowers were dark pink and light pink with a little creamy yellow color in the middle. I love the cute ribbon that matches the colors my friend is using to decorate her baby's room. I also got a super cute "Live, Laugh, Love" decoration that matched all of her colors too but I forgot to take a picture of it. Making the wreath was pretty easy. It was just a little time consuming because it took me two tries to even out all of the flowers just right.

I also found the most adorable little shoes! What can I say? I LOVE shoes! I had to get a pair for my friend's little one and a pair that I could keep in the hopes that one day I have a little girl to wear them. :)

Aren't they adorable! You can't really tell in these pictures but they have opal colored sparkly stuff woven all through the shoes.

I think this was my favorite baby shower gift I've ever given as a whole. I know decorations for the baby's room isn't a conventional gift but she loved them and I really liked making the wreath!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

OH my goodness, SO DARLING!! Great job on the wreath. I love it!! The shoes are just to die for. :) I'm glad you got a second pair to keep. They are adorable. I LOVE tiny shoes. :)

Lori said...

Oh those shoes ARE darling! Eek! Lovey love! Great work on the wreaths too!

Amy said...

That is really cute-looks beautiful Emily!