I can't believe how time has just flown these last few months! We moved to Texarkana, TX at the end of October and it is definitely different than Georgia. I really, REALLY miss my house, friends and the general area of Grovetown/Augusta. Texarkana is small but I have all the shopping I need. We are living in a small 2 bedroom apartment which is a HUGE adjustment coming from a 3000 square foot house. Although, it's a lot less cleaning and that's always nice! We have little to no cell phone coverage here. I feel so cut off from the world!!
This area has a lot of elderly people. Our little ward is definitely a geriatric ward but there are a few young families. One really nice thing about being out here is that Jaren really likes his job. There were all kinds of issues at his last job but the people here are great and work as a team. He actually comes home happy now! Night and day difference!!!
So far Jaren is the only one with a calling. I need one ASAP! It certainly didn't take long for them to jump at the chance to take advantage of Jaren being a high priest and call him into the bishopric. Jaren was quite relieved when we moved from GA so that he didn't have to be in the bishopric anymore. I guess the Lord feels he needs more experience. :) I was excited about the fact that I would actually get to sit next to Jaren in sacrament meeting when we moved here. I only got 2 Sundays worth. Darn it!
That's pretty much all that's happening. I feel like we're incredibly boring people because I don't have a ton of stuff to blog about. I can't even maintain my goal of one post a month. Oh well. At least you all know now that we're alive and well. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
This area has a lot of elderly people. Our little ward is definitely a geriatric ward but there are a few young families. One really nice thing about being out here is that Jaren really likes his job. There were all kinds of issues at his last job but the people here are great and work as a team. He actually comes home happy now! Night and day difference!!!
So far Jaren is the only one with a calling. I need one ASAP! It certainly didn't take long for them to jump at the chance to take advantage of Jaren being a high priest and call him into the bishopric. Jaren was quite relieved when we moved from GA so that he didn't have to be in the bishopric anymore. I guess the Lord feels he needs more experience. :) I was excited about the fact that I would actually get to sit next to Jaren in sacrament meeting when we moved here. I only got 2 Sundays worth. Darn it!
That's pretty much all that's happening. I feel like we're incredibly boring people because I don't have a ton of stuff to blog about. I can't even maintain my goal of one post a month. Oh well. At least you all know now that we're alive and well. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:
No worries!! I'm just so glad to hear from you! I've been wondering how you're doing. It's hard to leave some things/people you love. We had a really hard time moving to NY. I hope that you do get a calling ASAP. That always helps you get to know people. Maybe having a husband in the bishopric will help with this.... ;)
So a friend of mine and her family moved to Texarkana just recently (within the last month and a half). They are the Caswells (Miranda and Tim). If they are in your ward, say hello for me.
Post a Comment