Thursday, January 5, 2012

Poor Use of My Time?

It's been awhile since Jaren has had to leave me for several days in a row. Almost 6 months! I've gotten so used to having him with me all the time (minus work) and I just love it. I can never get enough of him even after spending an entire 4 day weekend with just the two of us at home. I love that man!

Unfortunately, there are times, like now, when the Army takes him away for several days. This time it's only 5. Thanks goodness. The last time it was three weeks and I thought I would die before he came home! I know, it shouldn't be a big deal after going through a year deployment but ANYTIME he is gone is hard.

So, whenever he leaves I make sure the grocery shopping is done and I hole up in the house (apartment) with a pile of books to read. Some may consider this a poor use of my time. I could be doing all kinds of productive things but this seems to be the best remedy for the mopeyness that sets in when he's gone.

What would you do with your time?

What good books would you cuddle on the couch with?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that is a GREAT way to pass away the time!

I love Anita Stansfield. My favorite LDS author.

Also, if I had all the time in the world, I would sew and craft my little heart out. I so wish I had gotten into that hobby when I was in high school. What a gift and treasure sewing is.
You already do that though, right?

Anyway..hope the 5 days pass quickly. I agree though, ANY day where your husband has to leave stinks. We have been married 4 1/2 years and I still look forward to when he gets home from work and miss him dearly when we are apart.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I would totally do the same thing. The mopeyness requires it! :) I would read, watch too much TV/movies, and do some creative Heritage Makers projects! (That's what I always do when Kevin goes on a campout.)