Pumpkin Pancakes
2 c Pancake Mix
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 c solid Libby pumpkin
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs (whites separated in a different bowl)
2 Tbsp melted butter
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks (but not overdone) and set aside. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Add pumpkin, milk, egg yolks, and melted butter and whisk together. You may need more milk (up to 2 cups) depending on the pancake mix you use. Pancake batter will be slightly thick. Fold in egg whites. Cook on hot griddle and serve with caramel apple butter, syrup, or whipped cream.
Caramel Apple Butter
3/4 c apple butter
2-4 Tbsp good caramel ice cream topping (Mrs Richard's butterscotch is my favorite)
1/4 c half & half
2-4 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until blended. Serve warm over pancakes.
*The caramel topping makes the sauce sweet so you might want to add it a tablespoon at a time and taste a bit to see how sweet you like it. It is apple butter so it will be a thick sauce but I didn't want to spread a paste on my pancakes so I added the full 4 tablespoons (1/4 c) of water. If you like it a little thicker you can do less by only adding 2 or 3 tablespoons.
Whipped cream: I'm sure you all know how to make whipped cream on your own so I'm not going to list a recipe. Since the caramel apple butter is so sweet you probably will not want to add much sugar to the whipped cream when making it. A touch of vanilla will give it a good flavor too!

5 comments:
Aww! I miss you and your yummy treats you used to bring into work!
Holy cow, those look good!! I'm going to have to try those! :)
I will have to try this one. It looks So yummy. Thanks for sharing:)
By the way, I just mentioned you on my blog (http://jenniferwise.blogspot.com) because I went to "the cutest blog on the block" and got one of their cute backgrounds! So thanks for the idea!! :) They're so fun!
Jared and I made these pancakes last night and it was soo good! it was like eating pumpkin pie for dinner. and now you have a cupcake one recipe that looks SO SO good. I love this! Keep em comin'!
Post a Comment