I drove down to Ogden, UT this last week to take the majority of my belongings to the storage unit that Jaren and I have there. I would never have been able to get everything packed and cleaned at my apartment on time had my mom not come over and help me. She cleaned while I packed! Then on Monday morning (Oct 27th), we packed everything up into the back of my truck and a 5'x9' ramp trailer from Uhaul. The trailer was piled so high it was nearly another trailer size on top of the trailer itself. Thanks to the help of my mom, my home teacher, and his wife we were able to get things loaded up within a couple of hours. I checked out of my apartment and my mom and I left to Boise a little after noon that same day. My truck didn't really like pulling that much weight. It took us a little over 8 hours to get to Melisa and Eric's house (my sister and brother-in-law) in Boise where it would only take about 7 without a trailer. It also took a lot of gas. I was averaging 13 miles to the gallon. NOT GOOD! We stayed the night then left the next morning to head the rest of the way to Ogden. It took us about 6 hours where on the way back it only took us 4 1/2. We arrived just in enough time to rearrange the stuff already in the storage unit to make room for the stuff I had brought down. We unloaded everything and got it packed in with just enough room for it all. It took us about 2-3 hours and just in time for it to get dark while driving to Jaren's parents house in Brigham City where we stayed two nights. Wednesday was a day of running around doing some errands in Logan, visiting some stores we like to visit every time we're up there, and visiting friends and family. Thursday was back up to Boise for another two nights with Melisa, Eric, Logan, and Lily. We got to take Lily and Logan (my adorable niece and nephew) trick-or-treating Holloween night. Lily was "Boo" from Monster's Inc. and Logan was the Nascar Cheerio race car driver. Melisa even made him a paper mache race car box with sponsers and everything. Lily was great at saying "trick-or-treat" while walking everywhere but would get too distracted to say it when the people came to the door because she knew she was about to get candy. She was always very polite at saying "thank you", though. This morning mom and I were back on the road again to come home. At least without the trailer the gas mileage was back up to 20 miles to the gallon. What a whirl-wind trip it was! It was such a stress relief to get it all taken care of so I don't have to worry about it anymore. It was also nice to see our friends the Shelley's in Logan along with Tyson, Whitney, Teresa, and Blake (Jaren's younger brother, sister, mom, and dad). Thanks again Melisa & Eric and Glover's for letting us stay with you! Happy November 1st everyone!
Logan & Lily trick-or-treating

4 comments:
Aww! I wish I would have known you would be in town!
Lily totally looks like Boo!!!
Emily...I am really sad now after reading this post. I can't believe you were in Logan and didn't call! Why did you move your stuff all the way to Ogden? Crazy girl... Anyhow, I hope things are going great for you! Next time you are in Logan you should really call! PS... I will be in Washington this weekend but too bad it will be on the opposite side of the state! Diana :O)
What cute kids!! Sounds like you had a great time, too! :)
Post a Comment