Friday, December 5, 2008

Funny christmas neighbor gift

At my very first Glover family Christmas Eve/white elephant gift party, Jaren was given a bag of "snowman poop" (a bag of miniature marshmallows). I thought this was quite clever and funny. Then I came across the idea for "snowman soup" (hot chocolate mix). Recently I went to a white elephant gift party and decided to give both of them as my gift and I wrote a story/poem that would tie the two together. I labeled both the bag of marshmallows and the hot chocolate mix accordingly and place the typed poem in the gift box with them. Make note that I have hated English for as long as I can remember. I love reading but HATE writing. I haven't written a poem since junior high school. It's not perfect and probably doesn't exactly follow the rules of this type of poem (whatever it may be) but I was quite impressed with my cleverness and have decided to share my little story at the bottom of this post. I have seen "snowman soup" used as neighbor gifts for Christmas. Here are some ideas for use with "snowman poop" and "snowman soup":

You could make individual bags of marshmallows or just buy one big bag and label it for the "snowman poop". This will probably depend on if you are giving it to a family or an individual.


This is my 2nd favorite hot chocolate mix next to Stephen's Milk Chocolate. Shown below you could buy a can like this and wrap it with a cute "snowman soup" label. You could also just buy a box of individual packets and put a label on the box. Then print the story and put it with the gift.




If you are just giving this to an individual, you could use this idea above where you have a cute mug, an individual packet of hot chocolate mix (labeled "snowman soup") and a small bag of miniature marshmallows (labeled "snowman poop"). Then wrap it in cellophane and tie it with ribbon. You could print the story however you want to and attach it to the gift. These are so easy! No baking necessary! You can also get good deals on Christmas mugs right now. So here it is...my little story explaining "snowman soup" and "snowman poop":
The morbid tale of how hot chocolate and marshmallows came to be…

In Santa’s secret village at the North Pole hidden so well
There’s a story nobody’s heard that I shall now tell

An unknown fact that snowmen in Santa’s village did live
These magic snowmen (like “Frosty”) did help to give

Christmas toys for the children they worked on themselves
The snowmen were cherished by Santa as much as the Elves

A crabby Elf named Hermey didn’t like this at all
He hated the snowmen, those big, fat, white balls

So he schemed and plotted and came up with a plan
“I’ll melt those snowmen, they’ll never again stand”

He snuck into Santa’s kitchen and stole a great pot
In it was melted chocolate all bubbly and hot

While the snowmen were singing and spreading Christmas cheer
He crept up behind and poured it on them when near

The snowmen started screaming and running to hide
So scared as they ran, great piles of white “poop” they left behind

When Hermey had melted the last snowman to the ground
Great puddles of chocolate liquid were all that were found

And floating in these puddles were the droppings of white “poop”
Hermey saw the hot liquid and knelt to taste a scoop

“Yum! I think I’ll call this Snowman soup!” he exclaimed
All the Elves and even Santa tried the soup and said the same

The name they changed to marshmallows and hot chocolate
Then packaged the lot and sold it for a great profit

Now when you sip on this tasty drink you see
The truth of how hot chocolate really came to be

What was once a snowman and his fluffy white “poop”
Was melted and turned into Hermey’s snowman soup

3 comments:

Annica said...

Cute!! I hope you dont mind if I steal your idea!

Michelle said...

Nice job!!! It's a great idea.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That's hilarious! You're better at English than you thought!