Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lots of curls

Ever since I moved back to Washington in this more humid climate, the natural yet slight wave in my hair turned into a slight curl. I have been able to scrunch my hair to make it somewhat curly. I liked this better than blow-drying my hair because my hair can be quite difficult and I am such a perfectionist that most days it took me 45 minutes to round-brush every hair into it's proper place. I can't help it...the perfectionist in me won't allow me to do less. What a pain!!! I absolutely hated doing my hair! Unfortunately, scrunching my hair with a diffuser took quite a bit of hair product to hold it in place. I hate crunchy hair and most especially hairspray. Also, as my hair has gotten longer it has become harder to do anything with. It is now too long to round-brush or scrunch, and too short to do anything else with. I am trying to grow my hair out because Jaren likes it long so I didn't want to cut it. Jaren also likes big spirally curls so I decided to get a body perm where they use the biggest perming rods to give your hair some "wave". This wave gives your hair more body...hence the title body perm. I discussed this idea with my hair stylist and she said it should work well to add to the natural curl I already have. This would make scrunching my hair easier and require less hair product. Upon perming my hair I discovered that my hair takes VERY well to curl. I always knew it took to curl well but didn't know what using the biggest perming rods would do. My hair is definitely more curly now (more than I anticipated). At least it only takes me 15 minutes to dry using a diffuser and a lot less gel and hairspray. Several people say they like it but I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it since I'm used to my straight hair. The perm also shortened my hair a good 2-3 inches. Guess I'm going to have to like it now because this perm won't be going away anytime soon. Jaren just says I look cute. But because I got his reaction over a webcam I can't tell if it means, "I really like it and think it's cute" or "I always tell you your cute and am telling you that now even though I don't like it so much." At least if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to see it (except over a webcam) for the next 6-7 months. That should give me time to do something else with my hair before he comes home. So, dum da da dum! Here I am, Emily (Curly Sue) Glover:
This is a picture of my hair after 45 minutes of pain staking round-brushing. Doesn't look like it would or should
take that long, right?

Sorry this was such a long post about my hair :)
Have a great Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Sheena said...

very very cute! it looks really good!!

Janet Hardy said...

I think it's adorable, anyway, you could be bald and be beautiful. Hey, post Jaren's address so we can send him a package.

Annica said...

I think you look so beautiful!!! It makes me want to perm my hair again!

Michelle said...

I like it! It frames your cute face oh so well!!!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

It really does look good!! I haven't had a perm for ages, but it should "relax" some in the next couple of weeks if it's too curly for you. I know what you mean about blowing it dry with a round brush. I have never done that in my life because I'm the same as you--I want it to be perfect. It just takes too long and I've never had the patience to learn how. You're gorgeous no matter what you do, though, curly or straight, so no worries. ;)